Thunderbird version 45.1.0 available

Jim Porter squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Sun May 15 00:02:04 UTC 2016

On 05/14/2016 06:37 PM, R Kent James wrote:
> 3)    A wikimedia-style donations campaign for a short period of time
> from our product start page. This will be annoying, and expect
> criticism. But without subsidy from Mozilla, we are not going to survive
> without major sources of income.

As long as it's only on the start page, I don't think people will be too
annoyed. I'd be *extremely* annoyed if we did things like Wikipedia and
put a donations nag on every email. The start page, however, is only
shown temporarily, and you could probably put just about anything in
there without being overly disruptive.

It's technically feasible for us to add a nag whenever no message is
selected though. The functionality is essentially the same as Mail
Summaries (note that Mail Summaries completely hides the Start Page in
favor of showing the appropriate summary).

- Jim