Thunderbird version 45.1.0 available

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Sat May 14 11:04:58 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 9:49 PM, Axel Grude <axel.grude at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Subject:*Re: Thunderbird version 45.1.0 available

For a while my Thunderbird add-on would open a Firefox tab on upgrade,
showing the release notes with a donation button on the bottom and it
helped getting money, but people were also complaining about it. Instead of
changing it to open a Thunderbird tab, which would be less intrusive, I
decided to remove that part of the code altogether, which caused donations
to drop to nearly zero.

I think that if people had to go to a website to install updates, it would
be easier to get donations, but the way installation of updates of
Thunderbird itself and updates of Thunderbird and it's add-ons are done, it
is hard to make people aware they can donate…

Onno