Thunderbird version 45.1.0 available

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Thu May 12 17:02:49 UTC 2016

Hi there,

	I guess I'm Michael Meeks - I should have introduced myself without
just lurking, but I'm rooting for Thunderbird quietly and have quite
spent some time working on LibreOffice with TDF; but enough of me:

On Thu, 2016-05-12 at 17:29 +0200, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
>> Wait, this will be 100% Thunderbird funds?
> >  Can you add big/visible donate link/button to
> > https://www.mozilla.org/hr/thunderbird/ ?
>
> More links are coming. We're planning one on the download page as
> well.

	From TDF's experience (in turn based on VLC's) - a rather useful time
to encourage people to donate is during the download. Whatever page you
show then - while people have to wait ( but I guess Thunderbird is less
of a wait than the 200Mb+ small LibreOffice ;-) is one that they bother
to read. Another useful tip was having a pre-filled donation box with
your median donation in it.

	HTH,

		Michael.

--