Thunderbird Future: Status Update 2

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Mar 21 14:37:05 UTC 2016

Dear tb-planning,

As you know, I have been working on various aspects of Thunderbird's
future. I think it's time for another update on where we are.

1) Fiscal Home
Simon Phipps, ex-president of OSI, has written a report on the options
here. It is still undergoing review - unfortunately, the people who need
to review it are very busy :-( I continue to push on this.

2) Technical Future
The SOW for the architect has been published to this list; further
comments welcome.

2a) Build and Release Infra Transition
Mozilla's offer in this area has been published to this list. No further
action is planned in the short term on this topic.

3) PEP
This was resolved (for the moment) last month with the publication of
the note from the Council. No further action is planned in the short
term on this topic.

4) Accepting Donations
This seems to be very nearly done; I'm chasing up a few loose ends.

5) Disbursements
The operations manual has been drafted; I hope to see it soon.

6) Governance
A new Council has been overwhelmingly elected. No further action is
planned by me on this topic.

I welcome any questions on the above.

Gerv