Thunderbird Architecture Analysis SOW

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 11:10:27 UTC 2016

That would be okay if I could run a local version of the server in my LAN; but would
it be a huge technological ask?

I think I am on the edge of usability running GLODA on everything (my local backups
are around 50 Gbytes) but majority of this is POP3 for speed (bad / limited network
connection) and independence (Some of my mailboxes went offline when the ISP went out
of business, others are waiting to). Start up of Tb is somewhat sluggish, but once
running I am happy with performance. I would believe running a local server could
improve that performance somewhat.

But the discussion is a little academic without a strong sponsor or volunteer to back
up such a project? So is this complex + costly? An external db engine would certainly
be nice for running some "off-line" data processing outside of Tb.

Axel