Thunderbird Architecture Analysis SOW

Andrew Sutherland asutherland at asutherland.org
Tue Mar 15 18:33:17 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016, at 01:53 PM, Gervase Markham wrote:
> Please can members of the Thunderbird community have a look at this
> document, and give their comments on this list as to what could be
> changed or improved?

This may be a cross between a nit and me possibly just being defensive,
but "The existence of half-finished features such as the global database
(gloda)" seems misleading.  Specifically, as the developer of much of
gloda, I'm not sure what the other half of the feature is.

I think it'd be helpful to anyone taking on the analysis task if the
point was slightly elaborated upon or it was linked to a meta-bug/list
of bugs/wiki page that provides some context/rationale.  Especially
since I suspect many of the half-finished-seeming things likely are
directly tied to lower level debt[1] and being able to readily follow
these threads would be useful to the analyzer.

Andrew

1: Like the reason gloda doesn't index NNTP accounts.