Thunderbird Council Approval Vote: Results

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Tue Mar 1 12:48:01 UTC 2016

As a personal note: As a co-scrutineer, it was my job to guarantee that
the vote process itself is conducted properly and fairly. I think it
was. Gerv and me tried to the best of our ability to make the vote fair
and proper.

This is not to say that the vote process was appropriate. I do not think
that it gave sufficient choice, and I therefore I personally think it
was invalid. For more details on the reasons, see my post with
message-ID <56C1D8D0.5090706 at beonex.com> in thread "Upcoming Council vote".

However, I do think that the majority of the council members are
well-deserved. I'd like to thank them for their hard work, esp. in their
development work. Most of the Council members are indeed those who keep
Thunderbird running. Many thanks to them, and congratulations!

Ben