Thunderbird Daily - Zombie Keys release video

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:55:18 UTC 2016

/Garrafrauns, 15 June 2016 11:45:41 /

Hi guys,

just for your interest here is the latest video from the Thunderbird Daily channel:

https://youtu.be/L6im2iWSTIM

It showcases Zombie Keys
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/zombie-keys/>, a XUL based addon
that can be used for entering diacritics in Thunderbird (and Firefox) on an English or
other keyboard with not native method for these. The latest bugfix features being able
to use shortcuts such as CTRL+SHIFT+> in order to create a Caron ( ǎ ) without
activating the "increase font" shortcut in Thunderbird. The problem is that I am using
keycodes on the "keyup" event and wasn't able to filter out the charcode on key down -
and the charcode is also locale specific.

There will probably be more fixes suppressing shortcuts forthcoming once users submit
some. Hope somebody may find it useful. Unfortunately not many people will find this
video, as the Addon only has 1379 users; I do show it in my release notes but only few
people actually watch them...

thanks,
   Axel

Software Developer