Encryption service from firetrust (mailwasher)

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 10:44:17 UTC 2016

/Garrafrauns, 07 June 2016 11:41:02 /

I just want to pass on info on this new product, which may be relevant:

http://www.firetrust.com/products/encryptus-secure-email-encryption#!

It is encryption based on a proxy service and uses local private key technology.
Apparently it only works if the component is installed on both party's PCs so I am not
sure if it is a good solution as proprietary solutions like this only work if a big
number of users adopt it ( e.g. Windows). Could it potentially be adapted to
collaborate with Thunderbird partners using Enigmail / pEp?

What do you guys think? Is it worth trying out?

   Axel

Software Developer
Keys, SmartTemplate4)
AMO Editor Get Thunderbird!