Fwd: Re: Thunderbird Project as 3rd-year Engineering Group Project

James Quilty James.Quilty at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Fri Feb 26 11:21:03 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

 First, thank you to all of you who have suggested projects. I've
received a lot of support at work for running a group project with a
Thunderbird-related task, and feedback about the students' abilities in
their 3rd year.

 On reflection, I think the best project to pick up for this year is the
Ensemble project to enhance the Address Book. I'd like to ask for
volunteers who would be willing to act as client for this project? Two
clients would be perfectly fine, if more than one person would like to
work with the project team.

 Again, I really appreciate all of the suggestions. If we can get a
group of students through who have experience with a successful project
working on the Thunderbird code then that institutional knowledge will
make it easier to offer group and individual projects next year. Success
will definitely breed success, and some of the more complex projects
suggested will become possible for our more experienced students to tackle!

James.

--
Dr. James Quilty
Senior Lecturer

School of Engineering and Computer Science,
Victoria University of Wellington,
P.O. Box 600,
Wellington 6140,
New Zealand.