Thunderbird and Pretty Easy Privacy - current status

BA ba at pep-project.org
Thu Feb 25 20:42:04 UTC 2016

Dear Patrick,

On Feb 25, 2016, at 9:20 PM, Patrick Cloke <patrick at cloke.us> wrote:

> We've been in discussions with pEp and have had conversations with them
> about their technology. The keyword in the statement was an *alpha*
> version. This implies that there is still time to change
> direction/influence designs.
>
> Note that some of us did see a version of pEp's software for Outlook
> last fall, but how exactly it would work within Thunderbird has not been
> discussed as a detailed plan nor as a prototype.

Thanks for your remark. I’d like to emphasize once more that we are very open to suggestions from the community to make p≡p even easier and more secure! We welcome your ideas, opinions and experience if anyone would like to be involved further in the design of Enigmail/p≡p or the technology under the hood, pls drop me/us a line.

As Volker mentioned in his e-mail, Sektion Eins is doing a full external code review of p≡p which will be published.

Kind regards,
-BA
—
Berna Alp, p≡p project