Fwd: Re: Thunderbird Project as 3rd-year Engineering Group Project

James Quilty James.Quilty at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Wed Feb 24 04:09:01 UTC 2016

On 24/02/16 2:45 pm, Axel Grude wrote:
> On 24/02/16 1:46 pm, Matt Harris wrote: >> Perhaps not glorious or fancy,  but a serious challenge to >>
implement properly.  Bug 22689 Import/Export Profile >> (Backup/Restore)
> > I like it - I often get asked about filter migration and usually >
explain to people they can move whole mail stores by copying mail and >
ImapMail folders.

 I like that idea too!

 With the start of term next week, there have been many discussions
about project work at all stages of our degree. Some of that will inform
how I run my course projects, but I just wanted to take the opportunity
now to say that I'm still very keen to offer a Thunderbird project.

 I need a few hours to think all of the options through (maybe even
overnight, NZ time) and will write again shortly about confirming a
project from all of the great suggestions.

James.

--
Dr. James Quilty
Senior Lecturer

School of Engineering and Computer Science,
Victoria University of Wellington,
P.O. Box 600,
Wellington 6140,
New Zealand.