Example: Why I believe we need a new HTML editor

JoeS joesab2005 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 22:15:55 UTC 2016

Years ago, I proposed a newsgroup dedicated to HTML/CSS user help
believing that show and tell is the best way to learn

Perhaps it is time to revive that request. But there still is
mozilla.test.multimedia  newsgroup that could be used for that purpose.

--

*JoeS ... * *"Get a Gecko"
TB Release Vers

On 2/16/2016 10:35 AM, Axel Grude wrote:
>  If you want to read as little as possible here are some core
> requirements:
>
> *I keep losing my default font *
> *I want to reply in a different color. *
> *I hate how bulleted items have no vertical space between them.*
>
> In a way each of these statements shows that there is a problem with
> configurability and persistance of styles; and this probably doesn't
> even address the changes the email will undergo once it is viewed on a
> different email system; this is just purely in the context of Editing
> and Viewing in composer. Even though the HTML markup of Outlook (that
> email addon for Microsoft word, you may have heard of it) may be
> atrocious, it is extremely good at one thing: Giving the user
> predictable and manageable layout with a minimum of pain. I think
> integration of customizable styles is something that is sorely lacking.

*
*