Example: Why I believe we need a new HTML editor

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Wed Feb 17 14:43:10 UTC 2016

On 2/16/2016 7:55 PM, Axel Grude <axel.grude at gmail.com> wrote:
> since the power of CSS3 is awesome we could build a really cool UI and
> better features than Outlook if we embraced the concept of customizable
> styles - obviously harnessing CSS classes under the hood.

I don't think anyone questions the value of such a proposition...

The problem is the amount of work needed to convert the Composer into a
module that could easily then be 'replaced' by something.

And if this work is ever undertaken, it absolutely *must* be done as a
module, so that the composer could always be replaced easily if necessary.