Thunderbird Council: Voting Process

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 17 13:21:07 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-17 at 06:55, Onno Ekker wrote:

> On 17-2-2016 11:44, Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) wrote:
>
>> On 2/17/2016 2:00 AM, Onno Ekker wrote:

>>> Gerv replied to my original message, but my message itself
>>> didn't make it through moderation.  so please approve my original
>>> message.
>>
>> I can assure you it was approved. And I have your email in my
>> folder, so it definitely went through the list. Apparently you did
>> not get a copy of your own message with Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016
>> 21:27:47 +0100.
>>
>> Check if your message is in spam.  If you don't find it, send me a
>> copy of your original message with the full headers and I'll see
>> if there's something there that might have caused a problem.
>
> I didn't see it, but then again, I use Gmail and Gmail doesn't show
> duplicate messages with the same ID. That's why I looked in the list
> archives, but I didn't see my message there either:
>
> https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/tb-planning/2016-February/thread.html
>
>  It may be possible that you (and Gerv) see the message because you
> are moderators? That's the way some listservers work (e.g.
> SmartList), although I don't think pipermail works that way. Please
> check the source of the message to see if it contains any listserver
> directives specifying the error.

I apologize for explaining what you already knew; our messages crossed
in the system.

For what it's worth, I received the message in question (before
receiving Gerv's reply, AFAICT) without issues, despite not being a
moderator of any mailing list in the past decade.

--
   The Wanderer, having difficulty figuring out how to describe some TB
behaviors to report them as longstanding bugs...