Example: Why I believe we need a new HTML editor

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 00:49:58 UTC 2016

I've considered replacing the HTML editor with something more-suited to
doing simple formatting, like Markdown. Personally, I'd much rather have
something like that than a WYSIWYG editor; even the "good" ones (e.g. MS
Word) never seem to do quite what I want. Markdown might be a bad choice
for non-technical users, but it's possible even they would adapt to it and
come to like it more than a WYSIWYG editor, especially if it were easy to
preview the result.

- Jim