Upcoming Council vote

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Feb 15 15:25:24 UTC 2016

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your kind words.

> This "all or nothing" vote isn't really giving much of a choice. As you
> stated yourself, a "No" would mean trouble, so arguably we have only one
> reasonable choice: "Yes". Which means there is no real choice.

I do think there is a choice; if enough of the Thunderbird community
objects to either the people or the process, or both, then the vote will
be No, and we will have a new process and (probably) a different set of
people.

I believe that the process chosen is the right one for this moment,
given all the different constraints and things we have to balance.
Members of the Thunderbird community are free to disagree by voting No.

Gerv