Upcoming Council vote

neandr neandr at gmx.de
Mon Feb 15 14:18:03 UTC 2016

Basically a +1 with Ben's ideas.

There are two points I disagree:

On 15.02.2016 14:55, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> * Everybody can be nominated or nominate himself
> * We compile a list of candidates

Because of the high complexity of the council work and a the different
skills required I disagree with 'nominate himself'. The skill and
reputation of a candidate should be well known by the community and so
"self-nomination" isn't a good idea.

How is "We" to compile the list? Is it required to compile it? Are there
such many "candidates" to possibly become a council member? I don't
think so. Beside the nomination each one of those nominates has to agree
to be on the list. So the "compile" will be done automatically with the
process.

    Guenter