Upcoming Council vote

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Feb 12 19:37:30 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm just finalising the detailed process for the upcoming council vote,
which I hope to be able to share with you in a few days time. However,
it may be worth reiterating how the process has worked so far. As
explained in the email "Thunderbird: Paths Forward" on 17th December:

"The existing Council will serve as a nominating committee, and recruit
candidates who agree to serve on a renewed Council. (This could be
existing Council members or new people.) This slate of candidates would
then be presented to tb-planning for a single vote, much like the one a
year ago, to see if there is consensus."

That is what has happened - the existing Council has spoken to people
who are heavily involved in Thunderbird and setting its direction, and
has assembled a new Council from those in that group who were willing to
serve. That process is what led to the "proposed revised Thunderbird
Council" announced by Kent in a message to this group on 9th February.
There is no open nomination process. The vote will be either for or
against that proposed council, as a single group.

I look forward to sharing details of the voting process with you all in
due course.

Gerv