Fwd: Re: Thunderbird Project as 3rd-year Engineering Group Project

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 18:31:53 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Jim <squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have very little interest in helping Thunderbird to become a better
> enterprise email client. To my knowledge, no business has ever provided
> actual resources to Thunderbird (aside from Mozilla, of course), and the
> only non-Mozilla people who have ever contributed were doing so in their
> own free time. I'm happy to be proven wrong, of course.

Thinking about it more, I can come up with a couple people who I *think*
have been paid by non-Mozilla sources to work on Thunderbird, but 1) it's
not many, and 2) it was a long time ago. Unless we have some reason to
believe that we can actually get financial/developer support from
enterprises, I'd rather not focus too heavily on them.

- Jim