Thunderbird Project as 3rd-year Engineering Group Project

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Fri Feb 12 13:08:03 UTC 2016

On 13/02/16 01:21, James Quilty wrote:
> The projects I think would be best suited to the course and most
> attractive to the students are:
>
>  1. Gmail integration with Thunderbird.
>  2. Encryption usability enhancements.
>  3. Ensemble Project.
>
> Closely followed by: 4. Chat project(s). I'd like to hear everyone's
> views on my ranking.

In my opinion, speaking in terms of what's going to make the biggest
positive visible and practical impact for Thunderbird, I'd switch 1 and
3 around. Users can if they wish work through existing documentation for
Gmail+Thunderbird setup – it's all there, from Mozilla, Google and the
blogosphere. It's less easy to document around what has been for the
longest time a fundamentally pretty awful contacts/address book experience.

Cheers,
Dave

--
Dave Koelmeyer