Proposed revised Thunderbird Council

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Feb 10 09:21:52 UTC 2016

On 09/02/16 22:01, R Kent James wrote:
> Gerv will
> manage a vote of current members of the tb-planning email list as a
> yes/no for the full slate of proposed Thunderbird Council members. If
> that vote is no, then we will plan and conduct a more extensive, public
> nominating and voting process.

Thanks, Kent. In the next few days, I'll be sending out a message with
the exact ballot text, and details of how this vote will be administered.

While in an ideal world we would have had a governance structure in
place long ago, and would have been able to do a full election process
before the existing Council's term finished, that's not where we are.
Given that many of the options for the move to a new home will involve a
governance reform, it seems unnecessary, and time consuming for people
who want to spend their time on making Thunderbird better, to have two
such reforms in quick succession. My hope is that people will be content
with this compromise process as a stepping stone to a long term vision
of a more formal open governance arrangement.

Gerv