Matrix.org chat support?

Patrick Cloke patrick at cloke.us
Thu Feb 4 19:11:12 UTC 2016

On 2/4/16 12:53 PM, Sean M. Pappalardo wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I just found out about Matrix (http://matrix.org/,) kind of an
> open-source Slack as well as git for chat (where everyone can run their
> own home server that syncs history with others) and was wondering if
> Thunderbird's Chat could act as a Matrix client?
>
> (Also, Thunderbird's Chat == the ChatZilla Add-on?)
>
> Thanks for your time and thoughts!
>
> Sincerely,
> Sean M. Pappalardo

Sean,

We (the Thunderbird Chat developers) have had some talks with the Matrix
people, but haven't made any effort to integrate it as adding a new
protocol is a fairly large job. You can use matrix.org's IRC integration
with Thunderbird Chat, but you cannot connect directly to the Matrix
servers.

Thunderbird Chat is completely unrelated to ChatZilla.

Please let me know if you have other questions,

Patrick