What happened to hiring an architect?

Disaster Master disasterlistmanager at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 17:17:15 UTC 2016

On 12/19/2016 3:44 PM, Magnus Melin <mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi> wrote:
> If you're really interested in knowing which advisories applied to
> Thunderbird, you're free to go click through them and count - see
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/ - the product is
> listed for each. Of course not everything applies to Thunderbird, but
> a lot of them do apply.

I finally had time to take a look and see if I could get an idea, but
every one of these says that access is restricted, so I have no way of
even seeing the bug details, therefore no way to determine if they apply
to TB or not.

I would think there would be a way that someone with access could
provide a list of bugs, say over the last 6 months, that had a real
world security risk for TB users. By real world I mean, in the world of
code, I know there is a big difference between a 'technical
vulnerability', and a real world one. There may be a technical very
serious vulnerability, but it could have virtually zero chance of being
remotely exploitable - or, it may not apply to TB at all.