What happened to hiring an architect?

Matt Harris unicorn.consulting at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 08:38:55 UTC 2016

On 17-Dec-16 1:54 AM, Disaster Master wrote:

> Again, if certain parts become too great of a risk (ie, Gecko security
> issues too difficult to fix), reduce HTML rendering capability as is
> necessary to minimize/eliminate the risks.
/I think this is really a bit of a bad idea from a champion of user
choice in user interface and customization.  You want the program
flexible in the area that of customization that interests you,  but in
the area  of HTML rendering you want to "lock it down".

I am looking forward to a time when we can see the full impact of HTML5
in email.  Thunderbird currently supports much more of it that some
other providers and therefore it is not getting the traction that it
deserves.  But I am dead against locking things down to a small subset
as Gmail has done, holding up non text email up as a result.  All in the
name of security.  Not supporting scripting languages I accept and
understand, as I support no Flash.  But Thunderbird must support the
HTML specification as it stands now and into the future.

Matt/