What happened to hiring an architect?

Disaster Master disasterlistmanager at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:47:58 UTC 2016

On 12/16/2016 11:33 AM, Wayne Mery <vseerror at lehigh.edu> wrote:
> On 12/16/2016 10:24 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
>> On 12/15/2016 7:02 PM, R Kent James <kent at caspia.com> wrote:
>>> Postbox's new release is on Gecko 7.0.1, which is now over 5 years old. I have not heard any great outcry about their security issues, and someone on this list (...cough..  BK...cough..ensa) keeps telling us what a great product that is, and how popular it is in Mozilla. So clearly forking Gecko is a CHOICE, and if people at Mozilla are using it then some people at Mozilla must not care that it is based on old Gecko, either.
>> This supports my feeling that the security risks are actually much
>> smaller for TB than they would be for, for example, Pale Moon.
> That's great theory, but little comfort if you are the user who gets
> dataloss or a breach.

Ummm... no offense, but that comment, by itself, is little more than FUD.

I'm still waiting on someone to answer the specific question about what,
specifically, are the risks.

If the 'browser' 'feature' in TB is removed, and only basic HTML email
rendering is allowed (lock it down I say), what, exactly, are these
mysterious risks?

Since you seem to be aware of them, by all means, I'm listening.