What happened to hiring an architect?
ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Sat Dec 10 18:28:33 UTC 2016
Andrew Sutherland wrote on 10.12.2016 05:28:
> If everyone is on board with a re-write,
That's just it: To get a) something in writing in reference, b)
everybody on board with the plan, c) get something moving.
Personally, I do think there are a number of questions to answer:
* What runtime to work on - Electron, Cordova, or Gecko?
* ow do the backend modules communicate with the UI?
* What are the main APIs? High-level overview.
* Do we support extensions, and if so, which kind of API do we offer them?
* What target platforms - desktop or also mobile?
* What UI?
* Do we maintain a folder-centric UI, or hierarchical labels, or
dynamical folders based on gloda?
> then I think we can argue that
> the Firefox OS email app backend developed by myself and others covers
> the re-write architecture case. (tb-planning-participant-wise, :squib
> was involved with the pre-conversations work, and we switched over to
> :jcranmer's excellent JSMime lib for parsing.)
OK. Sounds good! What's stopping you?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tb-planning