What happened to hiring an architect?

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 23:22:06 UTC 2016

Dear Ben,

> The problem is: There's no way to decouple Thunderbird from XUL or from XPCOM, so
> that's the end of Thunderbird as we know it.

++1

And for all my Addons. I may be able to port my Firefox addons to e10s but once XUL
becomes deprecated I may lose interest in them. I can't even imagine the Thunderbird
ones without XPCOM. So I am still hoping on a fork - Postbox could do it and they
continually innovated their features; why should it be impossible with Thunderbird?

+1 still for hiring an Architect. And hopefully some thinking about how XPCOM can be
wrapped in an API that is more mail centric.

Axel

Software Developer
<https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/quickfolders-tabbed-folders/>,
quickFilters <https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/quickfilters/>,