Introducing Myself

R. Kent James rkent at caspia.com
Fri Apr 29 21:28:17 UTC 2016

Good to hear from you, Italo.

You're probably aware that Thunderbird has been talking for a couple of
years now about the need for a long-term legal and financial home, and
LibreOffice was one of the candidates for that. In any case, I've
studied the LibreOffice organizational structure quite a bit, and talked
with staff I've met at conferences, trying to learn things that would be
beneficial to Thunderbird. We have very similar issues, and LibreOffice
is several years ahead of Thunderbird in learning to function as a
large, end-user-focused open source project.

We look forward to hearing more from you on various issues that we
encounter.

R. Kent James
Chair, Thunderbird Council
@rkentjames