Changes to Tree Hg Hooks

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Fri Apr 29 18:37:56 UTC 2016

On 4/29/2016 8:46 AM, Patrick Cloke wrote:
> There's actually a third: Additional Chat Protocols for Thunderbird
>
> We've discussed ways to convert this too, but don't really have the time
> nor inclination to do it. This extension has been extremely difficult to
> keep working anyway.

The reality has been for at least a year, that if you have a binary
extension you better be actively engaging with Thunderbird leadership.
All of the known binary addons are doing that, and are well aware of the
issues.

Patrick if you have any ideas on things we can do to keep that addon
running, of course we are open to listening. Disabling of binary addons
is not something I've chosen to do for TB 52, but is just recognizing
reality. Firefox folks would probably say we are crazy for trying to
keep binary addons usable in TB 45.

:rkent