How to handle addon failures in TB 45.0

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Fri Apr 29 18:30:15 UTC 2016

On 4/29/2016 12:41 AM, Aceman wrote:
> Isn't it that AMO automatically bumps up compatibility if the addon passes tests (created to detect functions that have changed in particular version)? But the bump can be reverted or prevented manually if the addon is proved incompatible.

This was last done in Thunderbird 31, thanks to a major effort by
TheOne. The AMO checks only work when 1) patches reliably set the
addon-compatibility flag, and 2) someone uses that data to actually
write a script to check for compatibility issues. We stopped doing 1)
after TB 24, so 2) became too much work and was abandoned.

So we are not actually doing what is needed to support the
"compatibility by default" that was enabled for Firefox.

:rkent