Changes to review policy

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Fri Apr 29 13:54:00 UTC 2016

On 4/28/2016 2:29 PM, R Kent James <kent at caspia.com> wrote:
> In virtually all cases that I can think of where UI was pushed on users,
> there were complainers (sometimes me) who argued against an aggressive
> implementation. But there is also always a counter-reaction that falls
> back to "someone will always complain, we just need to move forward with
> new features anyway." What is missing is either 1) a single authority to
> make large decisions with marketing focus (such as a product manager),
> or 2) objective principles that we can use to justify complaints.

This would work, but should be accompanied by keeping some kind of
'track-record', so whoever the person in charge of these decisions can
be held accountable - meaning, if it becomes clear they are making bad
decisions that result in a lot of blowback, pull them from that decision
making position and let someone else give it a try.