How to handle addon failures in TB 45.0

ISHIKAWA,chiaki ishikawa at yk.rim.or.jp
Thu Apr 28 23:07:45 UTC 2016

On 2016/04/29 4:52, R Kent James wrote:
> Our managing of addon updates is fairly problematic now in Thunderbird,
> as we rely on authors to test and update addons, but assume that addons
> are compatible by default. This results in a number of addons that break
> TB when installed on update.
>
> Rather than just mark these as "not our problem" I suggest instead that
> we collect names and versions of addons that are known to break core
> Thunderbird functionality, and use a blocklist update to block these. I
> would not do that for addons whose functionality breaks, only when the
> addon breaks seemingly unrelated core functionality.

So that means an addon called confirm-address that lets us
pause and take a look at addresses once again before a message goes out
breaks in TB45 in that the check does happen, but in TB45 the mail does
not go out.
Since it does break core TB functionality (sending a message out)
but the functionality is very much related to the function of addon,
this addon, confirm-address is not put into the blocklist?

I just need a clarification.

TIA

CI