Changes to review policy

Jim Porter squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 19:34:22 UTC 2016

On 04/28/2016 02:07 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> I can't remember the exact version, but I think it was one of the minor
> releases after v3... but, it was when someone decided it was a good idea to:
>
> a) enable GLODA globally for all IMAP accounts
> and
> b) ignore any/all users carefully selected per-folder offline settings
> and unilaterally set them all to full offline mode.

That was 3.0, and as I recall, we actually had a migration wizard at the
time that let users control which of their accounts/folders were synced
with offline mode. I see there was a bug at the time where disabling the
migration wizard resulted in everything getting set to offline mode.
Maybe that's what happened to you?

In any case, I think the old migration wizard is a great way to handle
big changes like this: it lets us suggest good defaults to the user
while helping them stay in control.

- Jim