Changes to review policy

Jim Porter squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 18:04:56 UTC 2016

On 04/28/2016 08:35 AM, Gervase Markham wrote:
> Leaving aside the pros and cons of this feature, a few people
> complaining in one bug does not make for "user outcry". Don't mistake
> the squeaky wheels for the only wheels. All UX changes will have
> _someone_ complaining.

I chose not to link the other bugs where people were discussing the
issue or the newsgroup discussions about it. If we're being honest, I
mainly did that out of laziness. However, it's not so much the *number*
of complaints as their *content*. People have raised genuine concerns
that I think we've failed to address.

In cases like the Australis upgrade in Firefox, I side fully with
Mozilla and think people can deal with things moving around a bit. In
this case, I've seen real concerns here about dataloss-y behavior
(specifically what happens when you have both the From *and* Recipients
column before the upgrade). I also think we've made it needlessly
difficult to opt-out, even though all the old UI elements are still in
Thunderbird.

- Jim