Phipps Report

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Apr 25 17:32:33 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

It’s taken longer than I would have liked, but today I’m pleased to tell
you that we are publishing the report written by Simon Phipps
investigating possible future homes for Thunderbird. You can find it here:

https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/files/2016/04/Finding-a-Home-for-Thunderbird.pdf

We expect this to be the start of a conversation rather than the end of
anything. Please do use this thread to give your carefully considered
thoughts on what Simon is saying. Subject to his personal availability
(which is variable - he is a man in demand :-), I hope he will be
present in this group to answer any questions you may have about the
contents.

I’m posting a more detailed post to .governance for a wider audience,
about where this puts us in the process we are working through for
Thunderbird, and there's also a blog post from Mark with more context:

https://marksurman.commons.ca/2016/04/25/firefox-and-thunderbird-a-fork-in-the-road/

Gerv