Thunderbird/Addressbook - VUW Project introduction

neandr neandr at gmx.de
Sat Apr 2 14:10:28 UTC 2016

Hello Friends of Thunderbird ,

/
//Dr. James Quilty, Senior Lecturer//
//at the//
//School of Engineering and Computer Science,//
//Victoria University of Wellington/

has chosen for their 3rd-year Engineering Group Project our offered
proposal to work on the Thunderbird AddressBook.

James have made some project pages for the class, which can be seen here:
Project 11 - Thunderbird Ensemble Project
<hProject%2011%20-%20Thunderbird%20Ensemble%20Project>

As you see with the project name, the project will have a strong
relation to Mike Conley's previous project he run in 2013. Unfortunately
it was not finished, but it's great to have Mike on board again for the
University project. Please have a look on his GIT Wiki
<https://github.com/mikeconley/thunderbird-ensemble/wiki> which has a
revised approach now and will be an important basis for the group of
students at the School of Engineering and Computer Science, Victoria
University of Wellington.

As there have been more people asking TB/AddressBook to become a
student's project I'm very optimistic the group of students will get
help and support from the Thunderbird community as well.

James explained: /the project structure "needs a client, someone who
'wants something done'"./ Mike Conely agreed to take that role, but
because of his very limited time I agreed to assist. I see my role more
as a moderator and to help the students to get the right contacts and
technical support if required.

This project can be a great solution to get a modern AddressBook for our
Thunderbird. So, please be open to help and assist the young people
committed to the project:

     Daly Andrew <dalyandrewd _at_ gmail.com>
     Barnett David <david _at_ barnett.net.nz>
     Coyle Ellie <elliermcoyle _at_ gmail.com>
     Craighead Hannah <hannahcraighead23 _at_ gmail.com>
     Huang Joely <joely.huang _at_ gmail.com>
     Orevillo Miguel <mlgorevillo _at_ gmail.com>

Thanks

Günter