Future Planning: Thunderbird as a Web App

Volker Birk vb at pep-project.org
Fri Sep 18 17:02:47 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 08:52:04AM -0700, Kent James wrote:
> So from the perspective of end-to-end encryption, which as I've mentioned
> before is something that Thunderbird agrees is important and needs to
> promote, I don't think this discussion affects that directly. The issues
> more concern performance and practicality of replacing C++ components and
> XUL elements with their equivalent in JS and HTML.

Hello, Kent,

thank you very much for making that clear! I must admit I'm one of the
people who were confused from your previous statement. The way you
discribe it here completely solves that.

Edouard Tisserant and me were working on a web technology based IDE
project (which now stalled because of p≡p). Therefore you can see that
we have no problem with web based technology at all, but the opposite is
true.

Yours,
VB.
--