The Case for Thunderbird in Mozilla

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Wed Sep 16 16:33:28 UTC 2015

That's pretty powerful, from the President/CEO of Red Hat:

"*What one piece of Linux software do you depend upon? Why is it so
important?*

 1.

    I use Thunderbird <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/> more
    than any other application—because I get a lot of email! I’m often
    on planes, and Thunderbird gives me offline access to my email,
    which is helpful when I’m in the sky and outside wireless range. I
    know people debate the merits of Thunderbird versus Evolution, but I
    started on Thunderbird and now I just default to it. I feel like
    Thunderbird lets me display more of my email at once, which is great
    for managing it all.

    I also use Chrome <http://www.google.com/chrome/> because it also
    makes working offline very easy. I use LibreOffice
    <https://www.libreoffice.org/> regularly. I even used it to write my
    book
    <https://opensource.com/open-organization/15/6/patching-management-patching-code>."