My upcoming meeting with Postbox

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 22:39:15 UTC 2015

Dear Kent,

as an addon author I would love if they would be a little more proactive in answering
emails from us. I had major 2 updates for my Addons smartTemplate4 and quickFilters
some weeks ago and I know they need a manual intervention to update their push
mechanism (I am also planning an update for QuickFolders soon). I usually try to
notify them at "addons at postbox-inc.com" and copy Seth Spitzer from development (not
even sure if he still work in development?).

Also some user statistics would be very nice.

It is a considerable effort to keep the codebase in sync between Tb, SeaMonkey and
Postbox and I would love to know whether it is worth the effort. As it stands I have
no idea what percentage of my users have Postbox.

Secondly I would like to know whether they intend to move forward to EcmaScript 6 / or
intend to switch to a higher Gecko platform (AFAIK they are still stuck at 9.0). Just
to know would be good - in the meantime I am writing some Shim code to avoid too many
warnings from the more modern Thunderbird JS. It would just be nice to know.

Thirdly I would be interested in implementing a search into their filter dialog (like
we did in Thunderbird), but it is a little much for one man alone especially seeing
that they have a different tree implementation. Are they planning to get closer to the
c-c codebase or are they just going to leave it as is?

thanks,
   Axel

Software Developer
Keys, SmartTemplate4)