Re: Thunderbird and end-to-end email encryption – summary of responses and proposed policy

Robert Kaiser kairo at kairo.at
Tue Sep 1 14:46:42 UTC 2015

R Kent James schrieb:
> 1.    We should investigate including Enigmail as a shipped addon in
> future versions of Thunderbird.

I think it would be good to even go a step further and integrate what
Enigmail does fully into default Thunderbird, and try to merge UI
controls for S/MIME and PGP where it makes sense - and in that, do some
overhaul of how the UI for encrypted messages works and feels, as from
all I've seen and heard, it's quite cumbersome at the moment.

KaiRo