Re: Thunderbird and end-to-end email encryption – summary of responses and proposed policy

Mihovil Stanić mihovil at miho.im
Tue Sep 1 10:00:34 UTC 2015

Sorry for maybe stupid question, since I'm in no way security expert or
even coder .
But wouldn't something like HTTPS (or VPN tunnel) for mail server to
mail server solve most of problems with email encrpytion?
Data is esentially unencrypted travelling over encrypted channel. It
would be stored unencrypted so seach and handling wouldn't be problem.

Keeping it safe on server and local computers would be next challenge,
but hey, at least it wouldn't be intercepted on fly.