Thunderbird and Addons

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Tue Sep 1 00:59:44 UTC 2015

On 8/26/2015 1:14 PM, Joshua Cranmer wrote:
> The bigger problem with the deletion of XUL is that XUL has some
> high-quality widgets that are very difficult to code in pure
> HTML--namely, I'm referring to the <tree> widget.

The one thing that I would encourage a motivated developer to play with
soon would be HTML-based replacements for the tree widget. Both Postbox
and the looming Chinese Thunderbird fork have multi-line treeview as a
feature, and Mozilla has made it clear that we must do this in HTML if
we want it. It is a critical feature that we could benefit from in the
sort run, regardless of the issues of wholescale replacement of XUL.

:rkent