Business models for Thunderbird

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:39:09 UTC 2015

This is just an idea from my perspective - I would be happy to throw in some of my
premium license Addons for a small fee (QuickFolders Pro, quickFilters, maybe
SmartTemplate4) if it helped justify such cost.

With Addons, it is always hard to tell who is going to use them, but productivity
boosting stuff is usually well appreciated. Of course it is only an incentive if there
are savings (I am currently charging 15$ for a full license, 7.50 for a Domain one),
at least to my users saving that expense would be an argument for a "Thunderbird Pro"
version. Of course it is hard to tell from having only 25,000 users whether there
would be universal appeal - but Postbox and Apple actually copied some of the features
that QF offers.

cheers,
   Axel
Software Developer