Fwd: Re: Policy Update Proposal -- Remove Email Trust Bit

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Mon Oct 19 18:05:37 UTC 2015

TL;DR: Mozilla will keep supporting the email trust bit for now, but if
someone does not come forward with funding to fix the underlying issues
in certificate validation, it might get removed in future versions.

So we are on notice that S/MIME support in certificate infrastructure is
under threat, and someone needs to step up to the plate to fund this.

Ideas?