ICANN Dublin meeting - can you attend?

Jothan Frakes jothan at jothan.com
Thu Oct 8 06:37:16 UTC 2015

Hi folks-

Glad to serve and to support the cause, and thank you to all of you for
your ongoing development of Thunderbird!

If anyone plans to be in Dublin for the ICANN, PM me and I'll make sure to
meet with you and help you get sorted - these are fairly confusing for the
first 4-5 meetings and I can get your mouse through the maze right to the
cheese, so to speak.

The main session to watch as it relates to TB is on Sunday 18th of October,
and it is scheduled at 13:00-14:00 local Dublin time.  There is a session
on the agenda that is for the whole day which should be updated at some
point in the days between now and Sunday the 18th with information on
remote participation.  It incorrectly says there is not Remote
Participation available, but this should be corrected soon.

Don Hollander from ICANN (he leads the Universal Acceptance work there)
forwarded this as being perhaps the most germaine to the TB -ers:

>> The relevant session on the Sunday is:

13:00-14:00

EIA

Edmon Chung – Moderator

·       The Problem (Brent London)

·       Approaches (Brent London, CNNIC)

·       Demonstration (Recorded demonstration of interoperability in action
or otherwise)

·       Outreach – Apple, Yahoo (Brent London)

60 min

https://meetings.icann.org/en/dublin54/schedule/sun-uasg is the URL to the
day long event.  Details should be posted soon (I leave that ambiguous
because I am not in control of when, but it should be in advance of the
18th).

If any of you do attend, or you want me to attend some of these with a
Thunderbird hat on I can do it and report back.  I'll be there anyway.

Thanks!

In service,
-Jothan

Jothan Frakes