ICANN Dublin meeting - can you attend?

R. Kent James rkent at caspia.com
Wed Oct 7 00:06:47 UTC 2015

Jothan Frakes has has kindly offered to introduce people involved with
Thunderbird to the complexities of ICANN at an upcoming meeting in
Dublin, Ireland October 18-22, 2015. I realize this is fairly short
notice, but if anyone is free and interested, you might contact Jothan
to get together on this. At this meeting "there are sessions on email
and domain names called Universal Acceptance that might be quite
interesting".

One of the goals that I have for Thunderbird is to be more engaged with
open and public internet standards. That would include not only email
protocols such as IMAP, but also related standards such as the domain
name system that ICANN represents. It we are going to take seriously the
role of being a promoter of open standards, then we need to be engaged
with the communities that develop those standards. ICANN is one of those.

So if you are actively involved with Thunderbird, please consider taking
Jothan up on his offer.

:rkent