Reorganizing the Council

Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) vseerror at lehigh.edu
Sat Nov 14 14:21:46 UTC 2015

On 11/12/2015 9:04 PM, Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) wrote:
> On 11/12/2015 6:36 PM, Benjamin Kerensa wrote:
>>
>> I agree with your suggestions and on the meetings and discussions bit
>> I to wish TB Council would have minutes for its meetings and more
>> openness
>> about any discussions it has.
>
> To the best of my recollection the council has had no meetings (zero),
> and had no formal up/down votes on any topic of consequence that I
> recall. And the council has certainly made no financial transactions (we
> have no money) nor legal agreements as yet.

Correction, we did have one meeting at the Toronto 2014 summit.
Following the election of the council we met face to face. The substance
of this meeting was to elect Kent as Chairperson.  I do not recall there
being any other votes taken during this meeting (I could consult my
notes to be certain).  The information is posted in Kent's posting of
10/20/2014 "Summit Part 1: Governance".

I'll make a short departure here, to say that Kent has been a driving
force and deserves much credit and thanks from the entire Thunderbird
community. (feel free to thank him via _private_ message)   If not for
Kent we might well not have had a summit in 2014, might not be
discussing these issues and Thunderbird futures, and might even be
struggling to ship Thunderbird releases.  It has been a community
effort, but he has been the catalyst, cheerleader and organizer. And
also is effectively secretary, in so far as he has been the person doing
the most sharing of information with the community.