Thunderbird and end-to-end email encryption - should this be a priority?

Darren Leno darren at encryptomatic.com
Tue Nov 10 18:16:25 UTC 2015

Kent,

Sorry to be responding late to your blog post, but I wanted to offer my
voice in favor of Mozilla making end-to-end email encryption for Thundbird a
priority.

We are developing a free OpenPGP add-in for MS Outlook, and we have been
testing compatibility with Enigmail. As simple as it is to set up Enigmail,
it is still beyond the scope of less technical users.  By integrating
Enigmail more tightly with Thunderbird, you would be doing a significant
service to your clients, and making strong email encryption practical for
millions of people around the world.

In all strategic questions before it, I hope Mozilla will be guided by the
principal of security and privacy by default.

Sincere regards from all of us at Encryptomatic LLC.

Darren Leno

Encryptomatic LLC

1-651-815-4902 x703

encryptomatic.com <https://www.encryptomatic.com/about-us/>