Mozilla Open Source Support Program

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:22:49 UTC 2015

I've rarely seen Mozilla staff or volunteers use Thunderbird if I were to
make a wild guess I'd say less than a hundred do ( staff and volunteers) I
see many using webmail or Apple Mail or Postbox.

There are still some devout users of TB though but they are unicorns.

So reliant on TB is not something Mozilla is but TB is reliant on Mozilla
for maybe half a million per year in infrastructure and release engineering
costs plus any trivial time security folks spend on cursory looks at TB
bugs.

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015, Jörg Knobloch <jorgk at jorgk.com> wrote:

> On 3/11/2015 03:14, Mark Rousell wrote:
>
>> Thunderbird would seem to qualify on all these points, except perhaps
>> the first one: "How reliant is Mozilla on the project's technology?".
>> How many people at Mozilla use Thunderbird?
>>

> I was thinking along the same lines. However, here is a list of software
> Mozilla relies on and Thunderbird is not on it:
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/MOSS/Projects_in_use_by_Mozilla
>
> Jorg K.

Benjamin Kerensa